Thursday, May 14, 2009

Danger

I found out this morning that working on new exercise equipment can be dangerous. I'm in Cheyenne, Wyoming this week. A friend had to come over for meeting, so I rode along. It's my last trip for a while, so I thought I'd take advantage of it. He went to his meeting this morning, and I headed to the fitness center at the motel.

They had two treadmills, a stepper and a bike. I love riding an exercise bike. The hardest part is figuring out the controls. I programmed a warm up which was seven minutes and kept going up in intensity. I love being able to program things cuz my bike has none of that. It broke a long ago and I can't even adjust the tension. After the warm up I put it on manual so I could do my intervals. I loved watching my speed and heart rate. I started out on intensity 2 and did the first one minute interval at 4. Then the next one was at 5 and I only went back to 3 for the regular part. Two just seemed too easy after the interval. I did a couple intervals at 5 and the last one was at 7 just to see if I could do it. I have learned I can do anything for either thirty seconds or a minute. When I got off the bike, I was on such a high. Exercise is addicting.

Now for the dangerous part. It's dangerous on my pocketbook. I want a new bike. I want one that I can program and change the intensity on. So all my change is going in a jar for a bike. I hope to have one by the time the weather gets yucky this fall and I can't walk outdoors.

1 comment: