Monday, April 6, 2009

Outdoors vs Indoors

I have decided it is a good thing this 5K isn't inside on a treadmill. I got on last night about 9 pm without putting boards under it to make it level. I went quite slow, only 1.7 mph, but after 11 minutes I had to stop. I was having trouble getting my breath and my chest hurt. It took me about ten minutes to feel back to normal. I'm not sure I'll try that again.

When I got off work today I came home and parked the car. Then I walked to the daycare to pick up Max. He liked walking home, and I couldn't believe how easy it was. It is only 4 or 5 blocks there, but it was a nice little walk. When I got there I had been walking about 6 1/2 minutes, so I just walked a couple more minutes then turned around. When I hit the gate again, I had done my ten minutes. Total time until we got home was 16 minutes. And it felt so good to be outdoors and the sun was shining and the snow is melting and maybe spring is here. If I wake up to snow tomorrow, I'm going to be so mad.

1 comment:

  1. I took Jaxson and Brianna on a 30-minute walk yesterday. We all loved it. I took them in Brianna's wagon. It was so nice to be outside and feel the somewhat warm Spring air and hear the cuties "talk" and laugh with each other. I love walking outside as well and it's 100 times easy with Jaxson.

    ReplyDelete