Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Advice from an Expert Pt. 2

I'm so bad at posting that I'm doing two today since I have the time. So here is more of what Chris told me. I asked him about working out with weights because we have an awesome weight machine in our garage. I asked which is best higher reps with lower weights or lower reps with higher weight.

1. Three days a week would be plenty and you should do both. People think low reps make you big but if that is all you had to do then everyone would walk around looking like Arnold.

I asked if I should do y legs one day and arms and chest the next day so I'm working out every day.

2. Just alternate. So if you do high reps Monday then do lower reps Wednesday and then high reps Friday. you should be doing full body workouts the two or three days a week you lift. Just move from one body part to body part without any rest. As an example you do chest, back, shoulders, biceps, triceps, legs. You should be able to do this in 5-7 minutes as long as you don't take breaks between exercises. After legs you start right back over again and do this for 30 minutes.

3. It doesn't really matter what time of day you workout.


For those of you who have looked at the links on this blog, we have also started a yahoo group for those who would rather do that. I posted a message there about the advice Chris gave me, and my friend Angela said she wants to do this but hates running. So her question is: How did Chris get to love running so much? I'll be sure to ask him

No comments:

Post a Comment