Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day One

Ok, yesterday was a bad day, and I did not get my walking done. Good thing I planned to start yesterday, cuz I did get it done today. I haven't gotten home until almost 5, and by the time I do supper and bedtime for the kids; all I wanna do is go to bed. But luckily The Biggest Loser was on tonight. What am I going to do when it's not on anymore? It is my motivation. Of course, it was too cold and dark to walk then. So I pulled out the treadmill. Now I have never been able to walk on a treadmill. I can do the bike for 40 minutes, but something about treadmills and my coordination doesn't work. Plus we have lost the legs for it, so I didn't think about the incline. At least not until I'd been walking for about a minute, and I realized it was like walking uphill. I decided I wouldn't look at my stopwatch until the first song was over. Then a faster song came on, and that helped. When that one finished, I realized the time was on the treadmill and I had gone over six minutes. Well, at that point, I couldn't stop. I was ready to collapse when it finally hit the ten. But I did it! Not only did I walk on a treadmill and not fall off, I made it ten minutes at an incline. I still want to find that part. And maybe knowing how hard this is will help me walk on the level sidewalks during the day. LOL

Ok, anybody else out there starting this?

No comments:

Post a Comment